Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rarecat

News from Tulsa Show

3 posts in this topic

I'm attending my first Wannamaker Tulsa Show, what a zoo.  No sign of Mr. Scott, he is a fixture here and is missed.  Hope he is doing OK.  I brought a JSAR and a Semi LMG to sell, plenty of interest but no real bites.  4 or 5 other JSAR's for sale/display.  If you are at the show today, stop by 22B and say Hi.

One other item of interest to share.  I had a gentleman stop by and chat with me, claimed to have multiple JSAR's.  He claimed that the US Coast Guard also used JSAR's during WWII, something about proximity to the docks in San Deigo and deploying to the Pacific.  This is a the first I've heard of this, any validity? 

Tulsa Table.jpeg

The Coast Guard and Marines both used the Reising submachine gun, so maybe somebody's memory got a bit mixed up between the Johnson and the Reising. The Reising was dumped pretty quickly by the USMC as a combat weapon after Guadanal so I could see USMC weapons being turned over to the Coast Guard.

Rarecat the Tulsa show is one I have always wanted to go to. Must be awesome to see.

Blueheeler said "The Reising was dumped pretty quickly by the USMC as a combat weapon after Guadalcanal"

I worked  with a Marine ( Ralph Ballard) who carried a M50 into battle there. He said as he would insert the 4th or 5th mag he would look for a place to clean it and reload the mags.

He used it with great success and shot/killed the IJN sniper that shot him through the ankle with a Type 97 from up in a palm tree there.

I had a M60 Reising for awhile back in the 1980's :)