Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bruce Canfield

Johnson book

4 posts in this topic

I just heard from Mowbray Publishing that the Johnson Rifles & Machine Guns book is almost sold out and they will not be doing a reprint. If anyone is interested in a copy, this would be the time to pick it up. Once it's out of print, I suspect the prices will be ridiculously high on the secondary market.

For one, I am sorry to hear that. While I know publishers look for popular books that will turn a profit, there are others that are not exactly profit centers, but are instructional or informational that people will buy. "The Book" is one of those. Two editions 'have sold out'. I wish that I had some 'spare cash' and I would order 1000 copies and put in an 'online shop' for future purchasers.

I just finished ordering my copy. Now to get it autographed by one of the most knowledgable firearms authors and researchers on the planet.

"I wish that I had some 'spare cash' and I would order 1000 copies and put in an 'online shop' for future purchasers."

50 grand is some serious "spare cash."

49 minutes ago, eb in oregon said:

50 grand is some serious "spare cash."

Yup! But, if as Bruce says, "Once it's out of print, I suspect the prices will be ridiculously high on the secondary market. "

I bet some on this site would like to have a source for 'a reasonable copy'!