Andy8850

Johnson 1941 rear sights

7 posts in this topic

I have recently acquired a pretty nice example of a 1941 and for some reason the rear sight elevator and sight are missing, I've searched high and low and the only part I can find is the elevator from Numrich. I am reaching out to see if any of you know where I might be able to procure the rear sight? Thank you, Andrew

Hi Andy8850, and welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place to ask and search for possible hard to find parts. Good luck.

These parts sometimes show up on ebay or Gun Broker. They are usually costly but patience can pay off if you keep looking. Most of us have found parts we need or want for our JSAR projects.

Welcome!

Best pic disassembled.JPG

DSCN7456 2.JPG

As far as these rifles go I know absolutely nothing, Is there anyone out there who can help me identify this rifle? Where do I start? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance Andrew 

Hi Andy

First off, do you wish to share the SN? If it is a non-prefix SN, (I.E., no letters in front), we can give you the part SN's that shipped with the rifle from the factory. Secondly, if you wish to post a few high resolution photos, forum members can comment on the condition/state of your rifle.

Then we can go on from there

ArtR

2 hours ago, Andy8850 said:

As far as these rifles go I know absolutely nothing, Is there anyone out there who can help me identify this rifle? Where do I start? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance Andrew 

Hi Andrew, Well you came to the right place to start your research into your M1941, just like all the other new owners and members of the M1941 before you.

Art beat me to idea of posting pictures. This would really be the best way to show us what you have and then the experienced members here can help identify exactly what you have.  Give us a try!  

In addition to the first two helpful posts, I suggest you acquire a copy of "the Book" while you still can (Bruce Canfield's Johnson Rifles And Machine Guns).  The last printing is finished and there will be no more.