Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt K.

Soon to have one less JSAR in the world....

5 posts in this topic

It is a shame when all you can do is sit back and watch your country slowly die..............

Supposedly the new Canadian PM is not all that hyped up on gun control as he has seen that it does not work. Maybe some locals are trying to get as much "control" before he changes the laws.

The thing is anyone of those weapons talked about would have brought good money some a 1000 times more than they were paid....to bad- dumb folks throwing $ in the fire. It will make mine worth just that much more.

Well, the Brown Bess was spared...

I was unable to get them to donate the Johnson to me (lol).

Article:

[A total of 1,254 unwanted guns and tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition were surrendered to Hamilton Police during the Service’s one-month Gun Amnesty Program which expired at midnight on Friday, March 31, 2006.

As a result of subsequent media coverage, Hamilton Police Service (HPS) became aware that some of the firearms collected during the month-long program may have significant historical value.

On the matter of the ‘Brown Bess” musket (flintlock), Hamilton Police were able to make contact with the owner who surrendered the firearm for destruction. On review, the owner requested that the musket be donated anonymously to Stoney Creek Battlefield House Museum and Park and that Curator Susan Ramsay be authorized to take possession of the musket from Hamilton Police.]