Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
savoy6

Johnson LMG Specs

3 posts in this topic

Is there any place that I can find the physical specs for the JLMG?....

Or do I just need to buy "The Book"?

Also, with respect to the Johnson rifles and LMGs that were discussed as being OSS inventory in Burma in a previous post....I take it these guns could have gone to Kachin and Jingpaw Ranger units as well as maybe Detachment 101?

Any info would be greatly appreciated,thanks

Not sure by what you mean by "physical specs" for the JLMG. If you mean the dimensional specs, they can be found in old editions of Small Arms of the World as well as, I believe, in reprints of the old manuals (original manuals are on the pricey side).

The OSS Johnson l.m.g.s were in China, not Burma. I believe they were distributed to certain Nationalist units. There is some evidence that at least one JLMG was used by the Communist Chinese in Korea, no doubt from the OSS stores.

Bob L.

Savoy6:

I have a copy of the 2nd edition of Small Arms of the World by W.H.B. Smith.

It has two pages on the JLMG which include some spec's. (weight, bbl. length, OAL etc) loading, firing, field stripping etc

If you, or anyone else, wants a copy of those pages, ( or anything else from the book) send me your address, off board, at the e-mail address below.

No charge for the copies but a SASE would be appreciated.

Incidentally, Buddy Hinton on the Sturmgewehr board has this same edition listed for sale. I think he wants $45, and it's well worth the money.

B.T.

thomasdandp@hotmail.com