Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Black Tom

JSAR bayonet & scabbard

6 posts in this topic

I have an opportunity to buy, what I am told is, an original JSAR bayonet & scabbard.

I have not seen these yet, but will next week and I'm pretty sure I can determine if they are originals versus reproductions.

I do know that the bayonet has numbers on the muzzle ring, and there are some numbers on the scabbard--different from the numbers on the bayonet.

If I buy these, and assuming that both are in good (not pristine) condition is there anyone who will be interested in buying them from me for about $400?

Thanks, B.T.

Our webmaster will have to rule on the "can I sell on this forum" question, but there's no doubt the bayonets and sheaths are even rarer than the weapons. Actual value will hinge a lot on the quality of the sheath. One of my neighbors has an amazingly pristine example - museum quality and 100% genuine, and it's got to be worth a heck of a lot more than my average-condition set.

They occasionally come up on Ebay, usually sell in the neighborhood of $400 more or less, but sometimes a bargain will slip through. If you post some photos of it, the experts on this forum can undoubtedly give you a value opinion.

Re: Selling on the board ---

It seems appropriate and already being done actually to make a firm offer to sell (not prospects or proposals) to the members of this board. It seems to me it would be a courtesy to us in gaining a "first offer" view in exchange for an extensive targeted audience - ready and willing to buy. (God knows, I'd love to acquire an original manual and a 7mm barrel when I felt "flush" with cash someday!)

I think the critical point here is to NOT create an auction site. My two cents.

Regards all,

john D.

Re: Selling on the board ---

It appears appropriate and already being done actually to make a firm offer to sell (not prospects or proposals) to the members of this board. It seems to me it would be a courtesy to us in gaining a "first offer" view in exchange for an extensive targeted audience - ready and willing to buy. (God knows, I'd love to acquire an original manual and a 7mm barrel when I felt "flush" with cash someday!)

I think the critical point here is to NOT create an auction site. My two cents.

Regards all,

John D.

Jim & diggeri: You guys are right, and I apologize. If I buy this rig I will set a price and advertise it first on this board if it is ok with the webmaster.

Incidentally, I don't think that eBay is accepting anything that is firearm related.

I'll check, maybe they do accept bayonets.

Thanks, B.T.

See the link below and I used firearm as a gemeneric term. It will apply to all firearms and firearm related items, accessories and ephemera. All transactions are private between private parties. This BBS will not be responsible for anything that goes wrong in any deal that is made.

BBS RULES

Rules of the Site

Keep it clean, no flaming others, stay on topic as best you can. Since most collectors also have a Garand or two, the Forum will be open to Garand collectors too as well as those of all US military weapons in the 1892 to 1945 period.

The owner of this Site/BBS reserves the right to remove any message at anytime without prior notice or reason being given.

Do not post street addresses or phone numbers when buying/selling/trading parts, use your e-mail . If you are buying or selling firearms, please abide by all BATF regulations, and all other applicable laws, rules and ordinances, be they Federal, State or Local.

That's it come on in!

Enter the Message Board!