Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Black Tom

Value of a JLMG magazine

3 posts in this topic

A few weeks ago I was at a local gun shop trying to find a screw for my JSAR.

The store owner said that he had a detachable "clip" for my rifle. He brought out what I think was a mag. for a JLMG and claimed that it would fit into the loading gate of my rifle. I didn't let him try--I didn't need a busted rifle.

I did not examine it closely but it looked like it would hold about 20 rds and had a slight curve.

What kind of markings should it have, what would be the value at 80% condition and is there a market for these.

Thanks for any input.

B.T.

I believe that SARCO is (or was) selling these magazines @ $50, which seems pretty steep considering the lack of demand for them. The JLMG mag had NO feed lips, the cartridges being held in the mag by what is best described as a flat spring with a "hook" on the end, affixed by a rivet and located on top of the mag housing. The mag housing (at least on those mags I've seen) were grey parkerized and the aforementioned "spring" was blued. At the base of the "spring" is stamped a code, on the sample I'm looking at being B - NE 43. Note that the NE has the horizonal lines coming from the second vertical in the N. I have seen a variety of these codes, all having in common the NE. This MAY reflect that the NESA combine produced the magazines, with the first letter (in this case the "B") reflecting the specific manufacturer within the combine. I have doubts that the last two numbers -- 43 in this case -- reflect the year of manufacture for various reasons. Those having JLMG mags with different letters/numbers may want to share those so that we can make a SWAG as to their meaning.

They are usually either marked JA or NE. The dates are 41, 42 and 43. I have never seen one with a 44 or later date on the spring.

Value, as Bob says, about $50.