Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Buzz

JSAR Original Military barrel for sale

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a original 41' Johnson 30.06 barrel for sale.

This is not a very good shooter barrel, in fact it is well worn. The exterior finish and crown are excellent though!

Has a bore, but dark. I did a "bullet test" with a .308 round (all I had available) and it passed well, but found a 30.06 round later and it failed the "bullet test" I thought they were both .30 cal and the same diameter? I guess not! This is a barrel for someone who is restoring a sporter back to a original military configuration and wants a correct barrel, but isn't too concerned about shooting accuracy or performance. The "bullet test" pictured is with the .308 round.

This one is for show - not much for go!

Still a great looking original barrel.

Thanks....

post-402-1210310964_thumb.jpg

post-402-1210311001_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I have a original 41' Johnson 30.06 barrel for sale.

This is not a very good shooter barrel, in fact it is well worn. The exterior finish and crown are excellent though!

Has a bore, but dark. I did a "bullet test" with a .308 round (all I had available) and it passed well, but found a 30.06 round later and it failed the "bullet test" I thought they were both .30 cal and the same diameter? I guess not! This is a barrel for someone who is restoring a sporter back to a original military configuration and wants a correct barrel, but isn't too concerned about shooting accuracy or performance. The "bullet test" pictured is with the .308 round.

This one is for show - not much for go!

Still a great looking original barrel.

Thanks....

Please tell us what you want for it.

I would like to get around $250 for the barrel.

I also want to clairify that this is just the barrel itself, No sight, bayo lug or locking collar.

Thanks for looking.

I have no real idea what this barrel is worth.

Can anyone give me an idea of what I should be asking for this barrel?

Original barrels can't be easy to find in any condition - this one looks great, but like I stated, it's pretty well worn.

Anyone interested, feel free to make an offer.

Thanks.....