Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Creek Jenkins

Time to sell

9 posts in this topic

Looks like I am going to have to let go of my JSAR. Too many other hobbies!

I bought it in 1983 from a friend in Wisc, whose father bought it in the '50s. It has a non prefix s/n, in the 3000's. It's in good shape, I have put probably 300 to 400 rounds thru it in the past 25 years. None lately. It's a good shooter, accuracy is, well, not up the M1, but not bad. With M2 ball it was in the 4-6" range. With handloads I could cut that down considerably. I tied for first place one year in our summer Military Rifle silhouette matches using this rifle. One remarkable thing about it is if you shoot it from a bench, the empty brass would dang near all go in a coffee can - it grouped them that tight.

Soon as I can finger out how to post pics I will get them on this site.

cheers

Creek

Creek,

To insert an image, (assuming you have the picture on your computer), left click on the Attachments "Browse" icon in the Attachments editor, just below the post message panel. Browse your computer picture image files, select the file you want to attach, upload it, and you should be set to go. If you want to send more than one file, repeat those steps. If your pics are located at a web URL location, use the "Attach image" icon. It is located in the group of icons just to the top of the message panel, on the left side. You would select the 7th icon to the right, just under "Fonts". Again, repeat that step for multiple images on the web.

Art -

Thanks, I'm at work so I don't have the pics on this 'puter, I'll give it a try tonite at home.

John -

Sorry, no bayonet, manual or extra barrels. This rifle is .30-06. It has a leather military sling, but I am not sure if it is original or not. I do have a can of M2 ball, Lake City '69, in original condition. Ammo is in boxes, not bandoliers. It is as issued - I have opened it to look at the contents, but not taken anything out. I would consider letting that go as part of the deal.

cheers,

Creek

Looks like I am going to have to let go of my JSAR. Too many other hobbies!

I bought it in 1983 from a friend in Wisc, whose father bought it in the '50s. It has a non prefix s/n, in the 3000's. It's in good shape, I have put probably 300 to 400 rounds thru it in the past 25 years. None lately. It's a good shooter, accuracy is, well, not up the M1, but not bad. With M2 ball it was in the 4-6" range. With handloads I could cut that down considerably. I tied for first place one year in our summer Military Rifle silhouette matches using this rifle. One remarkable thing about it is if you shoot it from a bench, the empty brass would dang near all go in a coffee can - it grouped them that tight.

Soon as I can finger out how to post pics I will get them on this site.

cheers

Creek

Hi! What are you asking for the rifle? Thank you. BORE.

Why not send him an email?

Go to his name in the left hand side, click on that and follow the link to send a message on his page.