amram

JSAR 7132 I has to go

6 posts in this topic

Ok I have posted here before. I have a JSAR 1941 serial number 7132. it has sat in my safe for a long time. it is a winfield deluxe military. it is complete as winfield sold it with replacement wood looks like fine walnut with a very high gloss finish,other than the wood it is in complete original condition as offered by winfield.it does not have the cranston arms stamp on the side of the receiver. the barrel I thought was dark was just full of cosmoline and cleaned up fine but does show use of corrosive primers.I finally got around to shooting this rifle after 30+ years of storage with some greek M2. it shoots great and groups right along with my service grade garand with same ammo. what is it worth? where should I sell it? I was going to take it to Tulsa today but other things got in the way. Thanks for your imput John constrjh@pldi.net

It is a scoped deluxe? If not is the receiver tapped? I have been looking for an original scoped Winfield deluxe that I can use for hunting.

no sir it is not drilled or tapped.it is in full military configuration including bayonet lug and deep parkerized. the only variation from original is it has replacement wood that looks exactly like the original but has a real shiny finish.

Winfield Deluxe Militarys were in military configuration but had new wood and were polished and blued. If the finish is Parkerized, it is a (standard) military with new (or refinished) stock.

Iam not trying to be disagreeable or haughty or anything like that and I don't mean this to sound in anyway bad but. can you prove that?

Thanks

Yes. Look at the Winfield Advertisments from the 50's. An example is currently listed on e-bay and gives the description: "newly polished and blued with new stock" @$129. They are fairly common and I currently have one. The Winfield versions were: Military, Sporter, Deluxe Military, Deluxe Sporter and Deluxe Scoped Sporter