Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BIG R

Parts

3 posts in this topic

I am looking for a complete bolt catch assembly - would some please advise where I may purchase parts or let me know if you have one for sale w/details,price etc.

Thank you

Numrich at www.e-gunparts.com lists a bolt catch assembly and Sarco at www.sarcoinc.com lists a bolt catch. :)

R,

Only the first 2k or so rifles ever had the bolt catch. JA decided to eliminate this little device due the chances of it being lost during field stripping once the rear crosspin is removed and the buttstock and receiver have been seperated. It's sole function in life was to let the operator know when the last shot was fired by holding the bolt in the return to battery position. So if your rifle does not have this little device don't fret. It will still operate fine without it. There is a good chance it may have never had one to begin with. From the existing production log none of the recorded rifles indicate whether or not there was ever a bolt catch installed as they were not numbered. The only identifying number to indicate the bolt catch was #21 on the drawings in the rifle manual and Type "R" company poster.

walt B)