Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maximillian

1st step

10 posts in this topic

Well, I just did on of the hardest things I have ever done. I packed up my Johnson and put it in the US Mail. :( I have shipped it to Mr. Scott for the first step,

getting it back to military trim. Even with the maximum insurance it was hard to hand it over. However, When it comes back I should be able to go shootin! New recoil

spring and a rear sight.

Matt

Matt,

You will not be disappointed. Joe does mighty fine work.

walt B)

I have the highest regards for Joe. He is a master at what he does. It is almost like he is a former JA employee!

My question is," who is in the wings when the rest of us golden guys are too old to "baby" our babies"?

I know how you feel. I sent mine off to him in March...just one week to the day of it arriving in my hands. It was hard to hand it over to anyone, let alone the USPS.

Oh, but when you get it back! It will all have been worth it and soon the lost time will be forgotten.

Almost forgotten.

I just talked to Mr. Scott, and reread my post. It is not Joseph Scott that I was worried about. It was handing

my baby over to the United States Postal Service, THAT worried me. Please forgive if I gave the wrong impression.

ps - my recoil spring was 1/2 inch short.(replaced) He informed me that the firing pin spring was good. He also found pins in the trigger group that had backed out,

could have caused doubling fire(fixed). Repaired my rear sight dovetail. Filled in all the holes that Winfield Arms drilled in the receiver for a scope. Informed

me that the front sight has been filed down and the gun will shoot high.

I am short of cash so I can't get it all done right now. I still need a new front sight, bayonet mount, Bayonet and military wood. I will be doing more business

with this Gentleman.

Matt

A few years back Mr. Scott had my johnson rifle in his possession performing his magic when he found himself scrambling to get out of the way of hurricane RITA.

After two grueling weeks and numerous unsuccessful attempts to contact Joe (for status on his family of course) he resurfaced safe and sound.

Even after the damage to his house and property he was still able to return my REBORN rifle in a timely manner. Thanks again Joe.

Marty

ps - my recoil spring was 1/2 inch short.(replaced)

Mine was short by about the same. It was enough to make a difference in mine. Before, it was throwing the brass across three firing points and into a fence, and the ejector left a pretty good mark on case heads. Now, the brass flies less than half as far and case heads are unmarked.

The gun has been back for less than 30 minutes. I have put it back together. It is wonderful to

be able aim the thing. Looks great. Back to saving up money for the next steps.

a. New wood

b. front sight and bayonet mount

Thank you Mr. Scott.

Matt Milliron

The gun has been back for less than 30 minutes. I have put it back together. It is wonderful to

be able aim the thing. Looks great. Back to saving up money for the next steps.

a. New wood

b. front sight and bayonet mount

Thank you Mr. Scott.

Matt Milliron

So will you be taking tomorrow off work to go to the range? After I got my new recoil spring from Mr. Scott and installed it I called in sick! :)

So will you be taking tomorrow off work to go to the range? After I got my new recoil spring from Mr. Scott and installed it I called in sick! :)

Yup, you just call in and tell them the voices told you to stay home and clean guns. :lol:

Matt Milliron