Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drill Sergeant

1941 Johnson BATF Question

4 posts in this topic

I have recently listed a 1941 Johnson for sale on Gunbroker. Someone sent an email stating that he thought this weapon was not on the BATFE list as being C&R eligible. This does not make sense to me, but how may I determine if this is true? Does the BATF actually publish a list of eligible individual firearms or use age as the criteria?

Thanks for your input.

The Johnson 1941 Rifle is 100% C&R eligible. It is covered by the 'All original military bolt action or Semi-automatic rifle manufactured between 1899 to 1946" in Section II, line 3 of listings of C&R eligible firearms. Remember the JSAR was used by both the Netherlands and Chilean armies primarily.

You can download the list directly from ATF at this link C & R list page

Hope this helps,

By way of further info, all of the Johnson machine guns are considered C&Rs. Problem might be that a JLMG that is not on the NFA Registry cannot be legally owned or transfered. This includes that DEWATS that were sold in the '50s and early '60s. Until there is another Amnesty. . .holding my breath with fingers crossed!. . .unregistered machine guns cannot be registered. Question regarding this is whether those machine guns that were DEWATTED were registered on the NFA Register when imported or sold. . . Not sure of the implication if they were!