Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Scott

Tulsa Show this weekend

10 posts in this topic

I will be at Tulsa gun show this weekend at table 19C2 upper floor. Just looked at Gunbroker Johnson items and wonder if I could get $150 for used buttplates??? For $50, I will even repark them for you.

Tulsa report: I had the only Johnson for sale (sold it). One on display for upcoming auction looked about 80%. They would not untie it for examination. It had a Garand barrel and several wrong screws, would not let me check for bolt catch. RIA Auctions had a newly made "prototype" lmg with Dror back end on a rifle receiver. Estimated range $10-15K. Told them it was new and that it was wrong to sell it as a "prototype" gun. Got shrugged shoulders. Attendence down about 15% and tables less with wide aisles. Still a great show. Met several Johnson collectors as usual.

Bought a Billinghurst type revolving rifle, muzzle loading, manual cylinder revolving, eight shot, .50 cal., 1840's time period. Not a Johnson, but what the heck!

Tulsa report: I had the only Johnson for sale (sold it). One on display for upcoming auction looked about 80%. They would not untie it for examination. It had a Garand barrel and several wrong screws, would not let me check for bolt catch. RIA Auctions had a newly made "prototype" lmg with Dror back end on a rifle receiver. Estimated range $10-15K. Told them it was new and that it was wrong to sell it as a "prototype" gun. Got shrugged shoulders. Attendence down about 15% and tables less with wide aisles. Still a great show. Met several Johnson collectors as usual.

Bought a Billinghurst type revolving rifle, muzzle loading, manual cylinder revolving, eight shot, .50 cal., 1840's time period. Not a Johnson, but what the heck!

Joe would you contact me about the VALMET you had. My E-mail is exlock@MyFairPoint.net

Joe,

I'm amazed that RIA never bothered to contact anyone from the site to inquire about the so called prototypes. I just got my latest copy of Gun List and they are not on the RIA Auction list. If this auction is over I'd bet they didn't sell for what was projected. If they did and the person who got them must be or will be really disappointed if/when they find out they are fakes. I posted the serial numbers for the non-prefixed rifles several weeks ago and for what it was worth. AH ignorance is bliss!

walt B)

I just did a search on " Ebang" and they are still there. How can you trust them?

I just did a search on " Ebang" and they are still there. How can you trust them?

These guys only parrot what the seller describes to them. If the sellers story is bullhockey then that's what they push. As Bruce C. and others have stated on our board before "Buyers Beware" It's best to research something before one makes the wrong decision.

walt B)

I will be at Tulsa gun show this weekend at table 19C2 upper floor. Just looked at Gunbroker Johnson items and wonder if I could get $150 for used buttplates??? For $50, I will even repark them for you.

Joe:

I need to send my 41 to you for a new front sight (the ears are clipped) and and magazine retaining clip (the right one attached to the forend). What will it cost? How long would it take?

Brewski