M48TANKER

Assembly question

1 post in this topic

I'll try to make this as simple as possible without pictures. In the 1941 Johnson's trigger/hammer/sear assembly....the plate in the bottom that slides forwards and backwards, moves the "sear catches" when you pull the trigger, ends at the rear with a small block, held in position by a pin in the front and the edges of the channel cut for the trigger. A small spring goes between the upper part of the trigger and into this little block. The block has a hole in it for the spring to reside in. I hope you've been able to follow me so far. I guess you could call this the trigger return spring. The stiffness of this little spring is what gives you a light trigger pull or a heavier trigger pull. The little spring seems to have a round headed plunger, like a nail head, that sits inside the spring. Does this round headed plunger go inside the hole in the block ? or does it go against the lock frame where the upper part of the trigger will push on it,? instead of just pushing against bare spring coils? I've seen two different lock frames and both had the round headed plunger tucked away inside the little block where you wouldn't even know it's there, instead of being on the back end of the spring..... where the trigger could contact it instead of pressing against the bare spring coils. It makes more sense to me for the bare end of the spring to go forward and into the little block, and the rear end of the spring to have the plunger inserted into it where it will be pushed by the trigger. I'll take pictures if I need to, but perhaps someone here will understand what I'm talking about. Thanks........TANKER