Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian Alpert

NGD Louisville this weekend

3 posts in this topic

I will have a table at the Louisville Show this weekend. It is usually section C or D-3. I can be recognized by a 41 LMG Look-A-Like on the table. If you attend, stop by and talk Jonhson. I will also have a couple of JSAR's in various price ranges for sale.

The February show is the best one. There are usually buyers from all over the world. The last few shows (other than Feb) have been slow. Lots of lookers but few buyers. As is the norm, most of the action is between the dealers or exhibitors. 50 years ago, when my Dad and I were dealing guns from my bedroom, the same gun went around thru 4 or 5 dealers with each making $5 or $10 on it. Today, the same thing happens but each makes $50 -$200.

This particular show was quite slow. There were 3 JSARs besides the 3 JSARs, carbine mock-up and LMG Look-a-like I had. There was a very nice..95% for $5200, a very rough one for $4800, a Winfield Scoped sporter for $2800. I had a parts gun (replacement stock, bbl and rear sight)@ $3050, a nice one with replacement stock @$4000 and a very nice 85% @ $4500. To my knowledge, none of these sold.