Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EXCELSIOR03

Takedown pin

6 posts in this topic

I need the forward takedown pin assembly for one of my Johnsons. I have looked on Gun Parts, Sarco, and Gunbroker. Anybody have any other ideas on where I might find one?

You mean the front crosspin. First or second pattern?

I didn't know there was two patterns. The only kind I have seen is long enough that it sticks out into a cutout in the stock. It has an arm on it, similar to the one on the hammer block pin, that is secured by a latch plate that is positioned in the stock cutout. This is the style that is on a JSAR I have had for 12 years.

I recently purchased a second JSAR and it has a short pin that is exactly the length of the hole it fits into and is flush on both sides. I assumed that this was an improper pin that was installed by a previous owner who could not find the correct pin. Could this be proper after all? If so I won't replace it.

The first type has the "finger" riveted directly on end of the pin. The second style has a small piece just above the finger that has a groove around it to aid when pulling. Either style is correct in either location. I have no information on when the second style was adopted but suspect after feedback after field use. I make new second style replacements.

The first type has the "finger" riveted directly on end of the pin. The second style has a small piece just above the finger that has a groove around it to aid when pulling. Either style is correct in either location. I have no information on when the second style was adopted but suspect after feedback after field use. I make new second style replacements.

Fantastic. Is it possible to buy one from you?

Do you also have, or make, the latch plate that holds it in place? I am missing both. All this rifle has is a short pin.