Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ed Johnson

Magazine - Man at Arms

4 posts in this topic

In the latest issue of MAN AT ARMS magazine, published by Stuart Mowbray (who also published the latest Johnson book), there is a letter to the editor on page 10 (with photo) titled "Why I hated my M1 Garand." This was in response to a previous article on the Garand from that magazine.

Stuart responded as the Editor appropriately, I feel, and also commented fairly on the Johnson Rifle in the process.

For those of you who are firearms and /or sword collectors, I do recommend subscribing to the magazine, which is also affiliated with the NRA. You can E-mail at: service@manatarmsbooks.com :)

...Stuart Mowbray (who also published the latest Johnson book)...

What book? There's another book?

I looked around the Mowbray Publishing website and didn't see it.

Sorry for any confusion. The book I refer to is "Johnson Rifles and Machine Guns" written by Canfield & Lamoreaux which was published in 2002, is still in stock, and can be ordered from Mowbray.

Years ago, my father wrote several books, primarily during the '40's.

Hope this helps. :)

Ahh, OK. I thought he had written another.

I have the Canfield & Lamoreax book and a few (three, maybe four?) of your father's. I was not aware of the ones by your father until after getting my rifle. They are good books, so I'm surprised they aren't better known. I'm fascinated by the various ways gun designs function and always seek out unusual ones to study so I like to think I know more about that than most people, but I learned a lot about designs I had never heard of in his Automatic Arms book.