Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LoboMike

M1941 SAR

4 posts in this topic

It's been a while since I visited/posted to the forum. Hope everyone is doing well.

I have a pretty nice M1941 SAR with an excellent 7mm (7x57) barrel. My quest is to either sell or pursue a .30-06 barrel.

So I'm trying to gauge the interest in the rifle and/or availability of .30-06 barrels. If there's enough interest I'll post pix.

I added pix at http://public.fotki.com/LoboMike/johnson-m1941/

Asking price of $3,500.00 plus shipping & insurance. Offers welcomed.

Thanx for viewing.

If you want a 30-06 barrel just for shooting, get yourself a new one from Joe Scott. Top quality for a very fair price.

Joe Scott is an active member and can be contacted through this forum.

I would never sell a "pretty nice" Johnson just because it's in 7x57. If the barrel you have is good, there is nothing to stop you from shooting it, all components for the 7x57 are readily available.

Adriaan

If you want a 30-06 barrel just for shooting, get yourself a new one from Joe Scott. Top quality for a very fair price.

Joe Scott is an active member and can be contacted through this forum.

I would never sell a "pretty nice" Johnson just because it's in 7x57. If the barrel you have is good, there is nothing to stop you from shooting it, all components for the 7x57 are readily available.

Adriaan

Thanx for the feedback. I actually like the 7x57, and the rifle performs fine with them. As a senior citizen I am slowly culling the herd so to speak. I have lots of .30-06 ammo and would be looking to shoot that, vs burning up my 7x57 reloads.

The M1941 has become a safe queen and if some one wanted it at a fair price (whatever that is) I think I like it to go to a more appreciating home.

Thanx again Adriaan

If it wasn't so extremely expense :unsure: to get the rifle to Germany from you, I would gladly :) take it!(if I bought it from you for let's say 4000 USD, I am looking at about 6500 USD total costs before I have it in my hands....)

Good luck selling the rifle, if it is in good shape, it should not be a big problem. Quality is always asked for!

Adriaan