Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigfifty

Johnson sold

3 posts in this topic

I put my 1941 Johnson on Gunbroker 3am yesterday morning, 3200.00 starting price. I guess I made a mistake by putting

a buy it now price of 3999.99, because it was bought by 6am. I don't think the price was outrageous either way. It so happens the buyer was a Johnson "nut" and buys as many nice ones he can. He also bought the one on Gun Broker for

7000.00 plus the other day. It seems that as long as a rifle is not altered from it's original form and in at least good shape it has reasonable selling potential. He told me that I priced it perfectly, in that if I had put the buy it now into the 4000s range he would have waited to see what happened. You never know.

I think both parties got a fair price in this market.

If you look at the buyer's average purchase price on both of his buys, the average still seems pretty high to me. On the other hand, if you wanted to buy a real nice Johnson in the next 4 hours, how many could you find being offered? Not many, if any. If you are willing to hit gun shows and shops across the country, you will find a couple each year at lower prices.

If you want to sell fast and easy you price it to sell. If you want to buy fast and easy, you pay through the nose.

Congrats on the sale. I think you did well.

-wwiifirearms