Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArtR

Barre F&G Gun Show, Barre VT

1 post in this topic

I attended the Barre F&G gun show this past weekend. Cannot say how many tables there are, but it fills the local municipal auditorium, both upstairs and downstairs...well attended considering it was Super Bowl Weekend...about the largest gun show each year in Vermont. Most dealers that I spoke with reported good sales, with a few trades. Two dealers I spoke with said sales of new guns were up from previous years (i.e., the last two). Used gun sales were better than average. Ammo dealers were present and had ample supplies and prices, while not what they used to be, seemed fairly similar. One ammo dealer seemed to be having a good weekend, based upon my wait in line.

JSAR 4669 was there...with firm price of $3800, not sure if it sold or not, but I looked it over...was all original, had a 1907 leather sling, stock was quite nice...very few dings, metal looked quite good except for barrel bore...it was very dark, and I could just barely make out rifling. Forgot to get name of fellow who had it.

There are two smaller competing shows next weekend in this area...one in White River Jct, and the other in West Lebanon, NH.