Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bubbaandshaff

Belt-fed Johnson LMG

4 posts in this topic

I am looking for some info and pictures of the belt-fed Johnson LMG. I found a few pictures at the Springfield Armory on-line collection (search for "Code JA" in "Any Field") and have seen the Johnson patent for it.

The info I am looking for is 1) approx. how many were made, 2) where are the survivors, 3) if there are any test reports or other publications available on it.

The pictures I am looking for include close-ups of the feed box assembly and its parts.

Any other info about this would be appreciated.

Chris

post-163-0-44718500-1298856558_thumb.jpg

How did you get to the pictures? They list a view of the feed box assembly but I can't find how to view it. I may have one of the barrels but will have to search for it. I also have a copy of Chinn's volumes on machine guns and will look in there for anything on the belt fed.

Getting to the pictures is spotty. A search might return four different results with the exact same titles and descriptions, and only one of them will have a picture attached.

The feed box picture looked like it had a web placeholder, but no picture attached. I think there are a total of 5 pictures of the belt-fed Johnson on the Springfield Armory website.

Chris