Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Scott

Tulsa Gun show, LMG magazine carriers

5 posts in this topic

The worlds largest gun show will be in Tulsa November 8/9. I will be downstairs again and will have several rifles, parts and new LMG magazine carriers. These can be fitted to a modified semi-auto receiver to look like the real LMG's. They are for the horizontal magzines of the LMG.

Joseph- What will be your table number downstairs in Tulsa this year? Also at what time Friday do you estimate you will arrive? Thanks Tom W

Report on Tulsa show. There were about 12 JAR's for sale and two displayed by auction houses. As far as I know none sold. Sold a bunch of parts and repaired several. A buyer brought a nice gun but with refinsihed wood to me for appraisal. Asking price was $7700. Did not take it down as he did not own it. I thought price was too high for refinished wood but don't know if he bought the gun. One person bought a nice 7mm barrel for $400. Told him if he didn't buy it I would. One nice gun walked in but he wanted over $5000 for it. Don't think it sold. One of the auction guns was a wreak, barrel latch was frozen in place and spring broken, Even removing the sporter forearm, we couldn't depress the little pin to release latch. Another gun was priced $10,000 and had my stock wood on it. Finally found owner and asked why such a high price. He didn't want to sell it, price high just so he could tell his wife he tried. Overall, public were slow buyers. Didn't see anything I wanted. Always enjoy seeing so many friends and watching the public go by. Joe

Joe, thanks much for the detailed report on the show. I only wish that I had both the time and money to attend that show or others. I have attended a few large shows, but would really like to hit a big one like Tulsa or similar some time. Again, thanks for you time and efforts.

ArtR