Joseph Scott

Machine and template to re-engrave lettering for sale

1 post in this topic

Some years ago, I purchased a large Gorton pantograph machine and a template for engraving the lettering on the JAR receivers. Template came from the company that used to do this work in Ca. before their laws got crazy. Because of my vision problems, I never started doing this work and now want to sell the stuff. i was told I should take quite a bit of practice on scrap before I should try it on a receiver. They sugessted it is hardest to redo in the old lettering. It would be much easier to "scrub" (sand off) the old lettering and start anew. The template (6X oversize) is complete with all the stampings including the Cranston arms & star on the side. Ca. used to charge about $400 and did a supreme job. I think there is quite a number of buffed guns that could be redone for a full restoration. Am asking my cost of $2000 for setup. Machine is heavy (probably 2000#) and template is very light (Micarta 12"x24"x .25"). I can load on a lowboy trailer. I am located in SE Texas, 100 miles east of Houston. I have information on the machine and several new engraving bits. If interested, message me and I will give my email address to exchange pictures, etc. Will have pix at Tulsa. Joe