Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jimbocious

SIX (6) JSARs at Chantilly Va. Gun Show this weekend

4 posts in this topic

Just got back from opening day of the Nations Gun Show in Chantilly Va., and saw six Johnsons at 3 different tables, including SERIAL NO. 0034, for which they were asking $15,000.  The others included another no-letter rifle, an A-series and 3 B-series.  If you're in the market and in the area check them out.  

Wow $15,000 for 0034.   I have 0460.  Someday (not at the moment) it will be for sale.   Looks like the Johnson are a good investment.  Cheers B.

There were seven Johnson's for sale at the Tulsa show.  Asking prices varied from $4750 up to $15,000.  One dealer had three he just acquired the week before, two restored and one pretty nice original.  Asked 10k for restored ones and 15k for unrestored.  Another 10k gun had one of my stocks on it and seller said price was high because he didn't want to sell.  I repaired one which was a mess,  Broken door spring, magazine assembled wrong,  no pull pins, no pin retainer and the main spring was totally rusted into the recoil tube, stock shaved/, refinished.  Another one I looked at, I could not get apart due to back of frame  bent  together.   No bayonets seen.  No gun sold that I know about.   In my experience, low numbers don't seem to be bring more.  Sorry about the underlining but I am on a motel computer and don't know how to remove it.

Oh, and one of them at Chantilly had what appeared to be an original bayonet and sheath, and the whole thing was priced around $4,800 if I recall correctly....