Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Scott

1945 gas assist LMG

5 posts in this topic

Joe, I wish I did own one of these weapons! Did have a gas-assist barrel from Numrich -- years ago. The only ones that I am aware of reached the collector's market when the Buffalo Bill Cody Museum disposed (auction) of many of the "modern" firearms acquired from Winchester Museum. Years ago, R.J. Perry, a Class 3 dealer in Illinois (I believe) was advertising the JLMGs -- '41s, '44s, '45E1s (gas-assist in '06). If memory serves me, I think he had only two or three '45E1s. Can't remember the number of '41s and '44s, but it wasn't a significant amount. I wonder if anyone has any of Perry's brochures that they would like to share? As far as I know, the only belt-feds are in Springfield Armory Museum. . .

Bob

I may get to inspect it if we can work out shipping to Texas class 3 dealer who will keep control/possesion. Do you have any good pictures of left side over magazine tray? Also got a copy of Chinn's books on automatic cannons. Has a great deal on developement of Johnson cannon. Almost day by day, detailed account of problems. Do you have a copy or need one?