Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neil

WTB: Original Military Rifle Stock

3 posts in this topic

I believe the stock on my rifle is new production, I am looking for an original military Johnson stock. Please let me know if you have anything. 

Thank you, 

Neil

Original butt stocks for JSARs are seldom seen, and when they are, are ridiculously priced and in poor and/or "restored condition.  There is currently a repaired one on E-bay with an asked starting bid of $500 with no bids.  If you get one of these, make sure you can return it as many of these "take offs" are warped and don't fit.  If you have a replacement sporter stock, your best bet is to get a properly configured military replacement stock from Joseph Scott who frequently posts on this board.  Unlike other replacements his fit and function well and are, in my opinion, the gold standard.

Good afternoon Brian, 

The stock that's on my rifle I believe is a reproduction but I don't know who made it. The grain in the stock is beautiful but I'd really rather have a military stock on the piece. Also, the stock has some poor fit and finish, when inspected closely you can see that the screws for the sling swivel don't go in straight or flush and the same can be said for the trigger housing and butt plate. I'm also wondering if my trigger pull issue that I have another thread going on is related to poor stock fit?