Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Scott

Late Tulsa report

4 posts in this topic

My late report on the big Tulsa guns show.  There were about 12 1941 Johnson's at the show.  Asking prices ranged from 6k to 9k.  I handled two top grade ones walking the floor for sale.  No bargains and only one bayonet for sale.   One rifle on display at Rock Island Auction was missing bolt catch and front pull pin. Estimated sale price 6-9k.  High prices are bringing out the closet queens.  If you have never been, it is worth seeing 4000 tables.

Hi Joe

I can only say that I dream that I lived closer, as 4000 tables would be mind boggling for me! Enjoy and we look forward to your reports.

The pricing on JSARs does not surprise me.

ArtR

Art, there are cars there from almost every state except Hi and  Alaska.  Next spring advertise for a shared ride from near you. Good hotels can be found for $100 or less.  We pay $89 plus tax with breakfast.  Less than 5 miles from show. Estimated attendance 50,000 plus.

A

Joe

Thanks I will check around again. That really sounds tempting.  A dealer friend of mine stopped going a few years back due to health issues.

ArtR