Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dhazel74

WTS - 1941 Johnson Sporter Barrel

7 posts in this topic

Looks like it was made (as many of the Winfield Sporters were) from a Garand bbl.  There giveaway is the remnant of the top hand guard clip groove in the 2nd photo.  Price is right.

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your insight on the barrel. I am going to post some more pics of the barrel. Still leaning to the barrel to be of an 03-A3 origin because of the extractor cut in the front of the chamber seen through the installed locking block and an indexing mark on the side of the barrel associated with 03 and 03A3 barrels but, at the same time it has the remnants of hand guard clip slots as with an M1 Garand barrel.

Thanks
David H.

$375.00 Shipped 

Now $350.00 shipped

I could not tell from the pictures but the 2nd giveaway on it being made from a Garand bbl is the lower band retaining clip pin groove which is present on a Garand bbl

Updated with pictures. No lower band clip groove present and the slots for an M1 Garand upper hand guard clip are not oriented in the correct manner and are far to short in the chamber area. Pic of the chamber as good as I could get of the 03 or 03A3 extractor cut. i am fairly certain this barrel was originally a 1903 / 03A3 barrel.

Quite surprised that there has been zero interest in it considering the cost of original barrels these days.

Be patient....members may not always log in every day