camstuff

WANTED: Mainspring follower for M1941

6 posts in this topic

Hello members.   I’ve been searching for a mainspring follower for my Johnson M1941 for about 9 months now. During my search I eventually found this forum and contacted some members who are the usual suppliers of parts.  I’ve tried other website parts suppliers as well.  So I thought I would put out this request to the forum members to see if someone might have found an extra one laying around in a parts box recently and if they are willing to sell it.  Let me know, thanks for reading this.

8A3D47F0-B994-49F4-9AA6-61A40EB3A58F.jpeg

I wanted to say a big thank you to Tom Wygant for providing me the hard to find mainspring follower. It was the final piece to my project and it’s finally up and running.  Thank you very much TomW.  

A short story about my completed project and a big thanks to Joseph, Brian A. and the final piece from Tom W. 

I had purchased this #8743 off of Gunbroker for $1130.  I was the only bidder, and it’s possibly because this one had a broken butt stock, sporter barrel and missing the charging handle. The butt stock was tossed into the trash by the seller not knowing it contained some important parts. The finish looks original.  

After 9 months and about another $1100 for an original stock, barrel and all parts, It’s finally up and running.

I requested the serial number information since it’s a non prefix, and to my surprise,  found this has 5 out of 8 Johnson documented serial numbers. 

I threw the old broken stock and barrel back on for the photo session this afternoon.  Before and after pictures are posted below.  You might see a couple of extra holes in the vented guard. I don’t know why or what this is for.  It was a fun project for me and now have another one in the works after yesterday’s acquisition. 

E9FF5754-AEA9-403B-ADA4-6C857598F786.jpeg

A9F540FC-C2D2-4E33-ABF7-9AFF7EBAB292.jpeg

E0D3A4B4-B605-4EFD-91EC-F6E1537DC369.jpeg

5370329B-A878-4A87-809F-D89BD63C0971.jpeg

4D2D2AAB-5BFC-4D11-82D7-7996DB53994B.jpeg

Well done "camstuff" and it's really nice to see your persistence paid off. You have a piece of history you can be proud of. :D

Thank you dash & metrotps, it’s always fun to preserve something this unique!