Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian Alpert

Pristene JSAR on GB

6 posts in this topic

Here is another pristine JSAR from Crosier firearms.  https://www.gunbroker.com/item/881209979  He got $12K+ for one several months ago and $6K+ for another 2 or 3 months ago.  We'll see what this one brings.  This is one of the 7 or 8 he got at that closed (FFL dealers only) auction in Indianapolis several years ago.  As I recall, around $7K was paid for each at the auction.

Wow! That's beautiful, if I had a lot of money it would be so tempting... 🤑

Can someone tell me if the highlighting on the numbers was done by the factory? I really like the way it looks.

Screenshot_20201012-164919~2.png

7 hours ago, Brian Alpert said:

Here is another pristine JSAR from Crosier firearms.  https://www.gunbroker.com/item/881209979  He got $12K+ for one several months ago and $6K+ for another 2 or 3 months ago.  We'll see what this one brings.  This is one of the 7 or 8 he got at that closed (FFL dealers only) auction in Indianapolis several years ago.  As I recall, around $7K was paid for each at the auction.

That does look nice!  I should note that last December I won a JSAR from Rick's auction (~ $5,500 IIRC) but had to return it, as the barrel was a replacement (not "original" as described) and both recoil stop screws were missing (and unavailable from Numrich etc) -- and you really could not tell even from the extensive pictures that were posted.  Rick was totally understanding about the return (he even paid return shipping) and his son/son-in-law? (Matt) who worked with him very apologetically took the blame for missing those on final inspection (Rick had been sick around that time). So all ended fine, and it's certainly sad that Rick is now gone (RIP), but it goes to show that especially with these rifles, it takes a careful and knowledgeable look to make sure everything is right.

Reputable dealers will always stand behind their stuff and take it back if there is a problem.  It is  worth a little more to have that assurance, particularly with high end collectibles

Brian, if I am not mistaken, that estate sale/auction was in December 2013 and I think it was 18 guns that were reported sold. The one that sold in April went for $13359

You are correct.  I talked with 3 other dealers who were there,  Rick Crosier got at least 7 or 8 of them.  They were all pretty comparable 85-95% and supposedly correct.  The least one went for was $7000+.  We were all surprised since at that time, the going rate for prime specimens was $6000-6500.  I am referring to sale  not asking price.  Rick specialized in high end collectibles particularly  U S martial.  He sold from a list out every few months which went to high end collectors.  He got top dollar but he had quality and stood behind his stuff.  There are collectors out there who are more concerned with getting a quality item than a bargain.  There is an old saw in the gun collecting world which holds a lot of truth.  Quality appreciates more than crap and no matter how much you pay for it, your investment will quickly appreciate and far surpass the price you paid.  Crap less so

My financial portfolio  should appreciate like my gun collection.....even at dealer prices