Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matconcrete

What am I missing

5 posts in this topic

This just sold at auction, I realise is is very nice but $9100 and add 20% fees and am I missing something?https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Military-Artifacts/Firearms/Very-Fine-Johnson-Automatics-Model-1941-Semi-Auto-Rifle/lotInformation/61684764

While one auction doesn't set the market price for a gun, the relative scarcity and desirability of Johnson rifles has resulted in the prices steadily moving upward. This current auction is very likely a harbinger of things to come.  With the next few years I believe finding a nice, original unmolested Johnson rifle for under $10K will become increasingly harder to do.  Like the old saying goes, "You can't pay too much, only too soon."

With few photos, a nice looking piece, but with buyers premium, $10525 is still a chunk of change. I have to wonder if the buyer was thinking "extremely low SN, must be very early production"

Quality is quality and appreciates much faster than items in lesser condition.  As long as it is never outlawed or goes out of fashion (like cut glass and silverware) quality is a safe investment.

Maybe I’m jealous, I can see paying a premium for an original finish non prefix.