Davron

Serial number build info

7 posts in this topic

Thanks to all for a great site.  I am a new member and a new Johnson Automatic owner. I look forward to learning much more about them from this site. I fear they are addicting. As I said, I am new to Johnson rifles and would appreciate any build info anyone may have on my rifle.  It is serial number 1768. Many thanks  in advance for your help. 

The following information from the production logs:

Receiver SN 1768, Date Received 11/17/41, Stock No. N/A Barrel No. 1750A, Hammer Block No. 2981, Hammer No. 2247, Bolt No.  2281, Locking Cam No. 2044, Firing Pin No. 5376,  Extractor No. 2548,  Magazine No. 7675, Disposition Date  11/19/41, Transferred to J.A. Inc - N.P.C

Thanks for the fast response. Finally got a chance to pull mine out and compare. The only thing I didn’t check was the magazine (gotta watch a YouTube and figure out how to do it).   Nothing else matched.  I thought mine was a Chilean because I got a 30-06 and 7mm barrel with it but now I wonder.  It is in great shape and doesn’t appear refinished but as I said, none of the numbers match the ones you have in the records. I really appreciate the info though. 

Hope at least the receiver matches... ha  ha...

If i am correct and you were able to check all of the other serial numbers... The serial number on tne magazine is on the backside. Viewable once the stock is removed. 

Edited by newjohnny
Misspelling

I need to double check the receiver ;-).   I am very happy with my Johnson Automatic. Thanks for the heads up on the magazine serial, I’ll try to check it too.  

Is it possible to not be happy with a Johnson Automatic? The high prices are bringing more to the market; there are three new JASARs on Gunbroker today.