Imgone

Firing pin spring

4 posts in this topic

My firing pin spring is not hooked into the little disc on the firing pin, is that going to be a problem? Or is it okay to just sit on the disc? I have it apart to clean and noticed it and have had no luck hooking it back in. I think the small piece that goes thru the disc broke off.

FBF550CD-9C84-4BEB-B707-BA59A2AA331E.jpeg

When I zoomed in on your picture, it appears to still have a small bend in the spring .  That little bent end is supposed to slip into a small hole in the firing pin washer.  It is very small and may be plugged with some gun grease or something or perhaps a broken off piece of the spring.   If you can find it and install the spring, I’ve had luck with putting in a small bend in the spring so it won’t slip back out. 

Thanks, it does have a slight bend but will not go back in. I could give it a little more of a bend with some small pliers. The end is shiny, so a small piece definitely broke off. 
 After that I took my C96 broom handle Mauser apart to clean after shooting it, and the firing pin is broken, so not a good day.

I have had that problem with C-96's in the past year or two. Broken 2 or 3 of them. As I'm down to my last for all three I'm pissed as well.

If you find a good source for orig. or even modern good repos I'm interested. Please keep me in the loop.

Ryche