Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matconcrete

Emma comes home

9 posts in this topic

After 9 months 80 yr old Emma is at her new home. After a gentle cleaning and partial disassemble a question arose, I realize any matching numbers are a coincidence with a jsar, but does the same hold true for the lmg? I’ll try to include photos. It also appears to be residual cosmolene on some internal parts, was this ever used? 

I intend to start some speach therapy soon with her, I think she has something to say.3C283CD9-3FDE-4813-84C5-9AF489E769A2.jpeg709DC136-54C8-4151-8968-8DBDB29C64D7.jpeg

I can only assume that random serial numbered components were installed on the JLMG, same as the JSAR. I don't recall ever seeing a JLMG production log.

If anyone has found differently, and a JLMG has all or most matching numbers, I would be very suspicious.      ej

Edited by Ed Johnson
spelling error

So far all I’ve seen matching are the lower reciever and the bolt, the bolt has the sn 0068, and a second 4 digit 0017.

just thought it was interesting. Appears to be very little use on the gun, 

pm

IMHO, 0017 looks like original stampings, 0068 looks strangely different

It does look like a different stamp.

I’m curious are there 2 sets of numbers on other lmg bolts? Does anyone else have any matching numbers? I realize there are not many around to compare with, let alone a known all original which  must be impossible to ascertain. 

I am only aware of 1 SN being stamped on any bolts

Yesterday,Took Emma to a friends range with a dozen or so mg enthusiasts, drew alot of attention and chewed through half a dozen mags , was quite impressed how smooth and flawlessly she performed. A friend handed me his m1a full auto, I couldn’t give it back fast enough after one magazine. Nearly everyone there was making adjustments unjaming the occasional misfire, Emma never missed a beat. Just had to brag. MMJ was clearly ahead of his time. 

Phil

A very nice tribute to the '41 JLMG. It is similar to others I've seen over the years. Didn't know, however, that the M1A was sold in full auto. Thought that was M14 territory.

It was in folding stock configuration with both markings on receiver m14 and m1a, he said it was 1 of 11, its out of my expertise,

His friend commented that after 11 they smartened up and stopped making them.lol. It was harsh to fire.