Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rarecat

Another poster update - New Option!

10 posts in this topic

First off, thank you for your patience...it will be worth it.  My graphics artist buddy is putting the finishing touches on the last two original images.  Once I have those in hand I can start shopping for production options.  Because these are large, non standard poster sizes, the production costs are pretty high so far and that will likely limit volume and feasibility.   Because reproducing the originals is looking costly, I thought I'd try something smaller and would like your opinion on it.   This poster is a composite of the two diagrams out of the Automatic Arms book and the header from one of the original posters.  It would likely be the size of a standard wall poster and would be the least expensive to produce.  Might even be able to use this for other things like shirts, etc.  

Anyway, what do you think of this composite poster?

Combo.JPG

I like it. I will buy one and have framed.

I like the t-shirt idea too.

I like it, and beside saving costs, it also will save wall space...in short supply in my tiny house.

ArtR

I agree with this concept. Wall space is limited in most homes, including my own.

I plan to put it up in my hangar.

The graphics work has been completed and I've taken the images to a local production house for a test run.  For the test run I've scaled all the prints down to 24" x 36" and believe they will be good quality and legible.  Once I'm confident they are worthy, I'll figure out the pricing and post details on ordering.  They should be ready tomorrow, fingers crossed

Waiting to hear

Just picked up the posters, the scaling looks good so I will be going with 24" x 36" for the first run.    Having these posters laser printed on normal paper will keep the price at about $5.00 a poster.  If I went with thicker, glossy poster type paper and production, it would be closer to $30 per poster.  If someone really wants that level of production, I can have it done on a case by case basis.  If someone really wants the full size versions I can do that on a case by case basis as well.  Postage may end up costing more than the posters but I'm working on that too.

I'm going to build a new poll so I can get a count for the first run.  The new thread will have pictures of the 7 different production posters with a number assigned to it for the poll.  I'll also write up ordering/payment instructions for the same posting.  I should have everything ready to go by the new year.

Thanks again for everyone's patience, I hope you all enjoy the final product. 

I am looking forward to your poll. You can count on me for at least one poster.

Naturally, I'm interested, Frank. Can you E-mail me? I have a question.   Ed J