Rarecat

JSAR Large Coffee Mugs Anyone?

27 posts in this topic

Was playing around on CafePress and ordered 10 of these.  My cost was about $12.50 each.  Estimated delivery is mid-January.  If they look good I'll let you guys have at it

Mug.JPG

My wife would say, "What? Another coffee cup?" Count me in, possibly for 2.

ArtR

How about hats?  Or jackets or shirts?  Or possibly even nice custom rifle cases.  That would interest me!!! 

Well, I guess CafePress doesn't like the image, my order was cancelled because of "Content Usage Policy Violation"

Third-party Intellectual Property

Certain of the Services and the Products contain images, photographs, layouts, designs and other content that may consist of the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names and other intellectual property of third parties (collectively, the “Third-party Content”). Third-party Content is provided for your convenience for the specific purposes for which we have provided it. You may not use Third-party Content:

1. For any other purposes whatsoever without the prior express authorization of its owner;
  2. Except solely as incorporated into a Product, or otherwise download it in its original, unaltered form outside the Service;
  3. In any manner that would violate the Prohibited Uses of the Services section of these Terms; or
  4. As a trademark, service mark, or logo.

Bummer....those would have been great mugs!

I don't give up that easy. I'm protesting the decision and asking for an explanation

and here is the reply:

Thank you for contacting CafePress! I am sorry your image is in blocked status, due to falling outside of our Content Usage Policy guidelines, and am more than happy to assist.

I'm sorry, however your image was blocked because of the image of the gun in your design. As we continue our site cleanup, we are enforcing our Content Usage Policy by not allowing images of guns on our website. Due to the amount of content on our site, it may take time for these changes to reflect to our visitors.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. If you were trying to place an order, there is no need to worry about your payment authorization being refunded as it was not processed due to the cancellation of your order.

New order placed with Zazzle, 10 Mugs and a single T Shirt....crossing my fingers

I am certain you can find a non politically correct company that will would be happy to accommodate this. Let me know and I’ll help look.

Phil

At the risk of making a complete fool of myself (nothing new about that) and being now age 81 which qualifies me as being an old fool anyway, I am happy to provide you with a letter saying that (a) the patents have long been expired, (b) people have been "borrowing" Dad's ideas for years, and (c) you have family permission to use the designs on coffee cups, T-shirts, toilet seat covers, etc. etc.     Several years ago, Joe Scott had T-shirts made up with Johnson Rifles on them. Walt Liss had some shirts made up. I think it is an over-reaction by an over-sensitive company to send you that kind of correspondence. There has to be someone out there with more common sense.  Ed J

"I'm sorry, however your image was blocked because of the image of the gun in your design."

Nothing to do with infringement of anything, it's all about being "woke."

I found Zazzle.com (who have gun related products) and placed a new order for 10 mugs and a T Shirt.  Ordered a single shirt as a test to see how well the image transfers.  It will cost a buck more per mug but they seem good to go.  Mid January delivery, stay tuned for further updates

I love a guy who, when told he can't have something, goes to another door to find it. Happy New Year!    :-)))))

Could definitely take 2. Got the bosses okay!

ArtR

Mugs are due on Monday, T-shirt is supposed to be here today but tracking looks doubtful.  Once I get them in hand and can inspect them, I'll know if they are worthy of sale.  

I had my neighbor isolate another image which might make a better mug/shirt/whatever.... How do you like this one?  Would you prefer the JSAR schematic or photo?

JSAR.JPG

While it is a great photo, for a mug ( or T-shirt) I think that the schematic has more visual impact...JMHO

25 minutes ago, ArtR said:

While it is a great photo, for a mug ( or T-shirt) I think that the schematic has more visual impact...JMHO

Wouldn't that make a real small schematic? And almost impossible to see or read on a cup or t-shirt?

The new image would look something like this on a mug...

JSAR Mug.JPG

Schematic mug should look like this...

JSAR Schematic Mug.JPG

Based on these photos and knowing that nothing, including lettering on a coffee mug, lasts forever after several washings, I think I prefer the rifle itself rather than the schematic, but I'll probably take both. Frank, I think you said you had some stuff coming in to you? So should we buy that stuff from you, or go with the Zazzle page you sent us and order from them? Standing by for directions. I'm already mailing you poster $$.....

Thanks Ed.  My test T Shirt from Zazzle arrived today and I'm not satisfied with it, the image is smaller than shown in the sample picture.  The test run of 10 mugs are due in Monday and I'm hoping the image will transfer better than I experienced with the shirt.  I'll advise once I have a chance to examine the mugs

As always, hoping for the best....

JSAR Schematic Mugs arrived today and they look pretty good.   I'm working on building a Zazzle Store which will have mug size and JSAR/LMG image options.  I've ordered test mugs of the other two images and once they arrive and meet my approval I'll post a link to the store and you can order direct from Zazzle.  Sorry it's taken so long but I think it will be worth the wait

20220110_152340.jpg

20220110_152343.jpg

20220110_152337.jpg

I like what I see and cannot wait to purchase and receive

Frank, I'll buy 2 schematic mugs and 2 "image" mugs, either from you or Zazzle. Just let me know how much. You might already have poster $$ by now.   Ed J