Rarecat

POSTER ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS

24 posts in this topic

Setting Expectations

This has been a labor of love and not profit.  I did this to preserve these historic images and make copies available to the collectors who care.  For this project I actually acquired multiple originals (which was not cheap). Then I scanned the originals into a digital format.  Those scanned images were then given to a graphic artist to clean up and prepare for production.   Prices basically reflect amortized production cost. 

It’s also important to be clear on what you will be receiving.  These “posters” are 24”x36” Inkjet copies, not actual poster paper.  These are also scaled down from the actual larger originals so some of the print is small.   The cost of these copies is about $3 each, a true poster would cost over $20 each.   Actual shipping is done by weight and will likely be $7 to $8 bucks per package so $10 is a safe number to make it easy, if it goes over $10 I’ll eat the difference. 

If you are OK with all this, here are the ordering instructions

Poster Ordering & Payment Instructions

·         The cost of the posters will be $5 each and shipping via USPS Priority will be $10 per order not per poster.  So if you ordered 5 posters, it would be $35 total. 

To Order:

Please send an email to Rarecat@aol.com with the following information:

·         Your Shipping address & email contact

·         Which posters (by number) and quantity of each

·         Payment method

For Payment:

·        Send a check or MO to address I'll provide via email reply to orders recieved

I can accept PayPal but have 2 rules due to their strict anti-gun policies otherwise it will be refunded.

1. Select Family and Friend's/Someone you trust option (Please do NOT select "Paying for item" or "Goods and Services".

2. Leave note section completely blank. I will know it’s you based on email address/name.

PayPal info:  Rarecat@aol.com

I’ll provide tracking info when your package enters the postal system.  

I am not sure about others, but if a 'true poster' was available, I think I would opt for that over inkjet...way too fragile, especially where chance of water is concerned....just my 2 cents or IMHO

Might be worth finding actual cost for a 'real poster' and offer that option.

Hi Art, a true poster would be over $20 each.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'd be glad to get those done on a case by case basis.  Send me an email with what you would like and I'll get you an estimate to consider

Frank

ArtR & Imgone,

I'll get you a price on the posters but do you want original size 36" x 48" or the reduced size 24" x 36"?

Frank 

I would opt for the 24x36 due to limited wall space...I realize that the printing will be smaller, but I think that I could live with that

I stopped by the printers and got the requested quote.  These figures reflect the actual cost per poster.  It does not include taxes, mark up, rounding or shipping

24" x 36" = $27.98

36" x 48" = $43.64

Again, this is for either permanent ink or laser jet, not 'ink jet' printing, right?????

I called again with your latest question and these posters would also be done on an ink Jet printer.  It is a different machine and coated matte paper

Thanks, but if it is 'ink jet' I think I will pass....too easily damaged by any type of moisture.

Many thanks just the same.

A few others have requested the poster quality prints so I'm placing an order for 5 (which will give us 10% off) tomorrow.  I'll post a pic once I get them...

First shipment of posters goes out tomorrow.... that means Ed, Torrey and Wayne need to watch their email for tracking numbers

Thanks Frank!

I appreciate the hard work you have done!

Wayne

I just picked up the "poster paper" JSAR posters and they look really nice.  I'll respond to those that requested them with pricing

20220115_144920.jpg

Frank: Received my posters today, and wanted to say they look great and to say thank you for your time and work on this project.  I do appreciate it all.  Thanks again. 😁

Hey Frank,

picked up my poster today at the PO. It is awesome!! Thanks for all your hard work!

You are very welcome, glad you like it.  Got your check today, thank you

Where can I find the list by # and which one do you have available in "poster quality"

Frank, mine arrived today, thank you for stepping up and doing this, the posters are great.

Paul

Got Mine yesterday. Thanks Frank