ArtR

New numbers recently seen...

12 posts in this topic

B0227 gunsinternational

B6148 gunsinternational

A4005 gunbroker

4487 gunbroker

Hi Art

Would you have the bolt and barrel number for 4487?, they are visible in the pictures, just wondering if any chance they are original.

I'm good friends with the seller of  B6148 on gunsinternational.  I've personally laid hands on this one and would really like to add it to my collection but my "fun" funds say otherwise.  It is a clean, unmolested original finish JSAR.  If you need more info on it or the seller, shoot me a PM

10 hours ago, matconcrete said:

Hi Art

Would you have the bolt and barrel number for 4487?, they are visible in the pictures, just wondering if any chance they are original.

Hey Phil

Bolt # 6274, Barrel # 0278A, and both numbers that you reported match the logs...might be an interesting one to watch

ArtR

A9146 ??  SN a bit unclear GunsInternational

5766 GunsInternational

4616     per photo GunsInternational but  desc states SN 4174

B4433 Gun Broker

Do you have a link to B0630? Could not find on GunBroker

However, did see 6099

Ah, gone because it sold $5665

7AF7E382-064B-4633-B0B5-1FD3F5B0230B.jpeg

Art

If I’m reading you numbers correctly we are only off on the extractor. Is there any way to tell if stock is original?

Phil

Phil

Let me first just congratulate you on this amazing find. While not  the 'Holy Grail', very damned close. [Holy Grail: one of the original rifles sent to a person, unit, location with all correct matching production log SN's]

As the extractor is both easily damaged and or lost, that is one item that very well could have been a replacement part. You did not send photo of magazine or hammer SN's, but I assume that they are correct?

Does the stock have the nbr 2 marked in the location that others say it should be? If so, I would be willing to bet that the stock is the original one to the rifle, considering all the other parts are correct. Swapping out a stock on an 'arsenal' job and still putting all the other pieces back just would make no sense.

ArtR

Hi Art,

Mostly just curious , seller of 0550,on GB posted a few more pictures, bolt# 1742, and barrel # 1330A

looks like it has had quite some use, wondering if these parts are original .

Thanks,Phil