Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArtR

Whew! Who'd a thunk?

11 posts in this topic

"A fool and his money are soon parted!"

When in doubt, always do a search on what you are looking to buy. Better than 95% of the time you will find what your item is really worth.

A few years back, my son and I were looking for and found a copy of a fairly rare book that was out of print, and had a very specific audience. The copy was listed at $99 and we purchased it. At the time, recent sales were well above $300 for like condition copies. A few weeks ago, we saw another copy, in almost similar condition,  for sale at an extremely low price and it was gone before we got  a bid on it. About 2 days later that same copy (stain on jacket)  was relisted at $350. It seems the seller noticed his error and after some research, he was wiser.

Wow indeed! The book is still in print and readily available at the cover price of $49.95 at all the usual sources including Amazon, Mowbray Publishing, etc. as well as autographed copies via my website.

5 hours ago, Bruce Canfield said:

Wow indeed! The book is still in print and readily available at the cover price of $49.95 at all the usual sources including Amazon, Mowbray Publishing, etc. as well as autographed copies via my website.

And I just ordered a copy. I'm looking forward to reading it. I've one of your books for the M1 and M1 carbine and reference it frequently.

20 minutes ago, eb in oregon said:

And I just ordered a copy. I'm looking forward to reading it. I've one of your books for the M1 and M1 carbine and reference it frequently.

Got it. Thanks.  Hope you enjoy the book.  

Bruce should contact the 'bidder' and offer him a 3 for 1 sale!

I think the entire thing crazy. Someone actually bids on a book before looking that book up elsewhere. And those people vote.