camstuff

Serial #1371

8 posts in this topic

I have a friend who was looking at #1371, it’s advertised as a Chilean.  Could I please get the production info on this.  If he passes on it, I may attempt to. 

oops, was not patient and pressed submit twice. I’ll try to delete the duplicate.

JSAR #1371 received 1/27/42 from Cranston Arms, stock #2, barrel #8556E, hammer block #4918, hammer #7117, bolt #7124, locking cam #5923, firing pin #9589, extractor #4189, magazine #A1981, disposition 2/3/42 with Chile being the end user.

A member really should be able to delete a post if duplicated or if the user simply wants to delete the conversation.

Thank you for the quick response EB.  It looks like my friend may have found a very nice looking and possible a matching JSAR.  The bolt does match the logs.   

I tried to delete the text in the duplicate post hoping that it would remove it, but it gave me an error and wouldn’t remove it.  

Corrected Production Log data:

Receiver SN 1371, Received From: Cranston Arms, Date Received 1/27/1942, Stock No. 2 Barrel No. 8556E, Hammer Block No. 4918, Hammer No. 7117, Bolt No.  7124, Locking Cam No. 5923, Firing Pin No. 9589,  Extractor No. 4189,  Magazine No. A1981, Disposition Date 2/3/1942, Transferred to J.A. Inc - Chile

Also, if you look at the bottom of the post, there are 3 options listed....Quote, Edit, Options....and under options is "Delete". Give that a try.

ArtR

Edited by ArtR
Add delete message info

16 minutes ago, ArtR said:

Corrected Production Log data:

Receiver SN 1371, Received From: Cranston Arms, Date Received 1/27/1942, Stock No. 2 Barrel No. 8556E, Hammer Block No. 4918, Hammer No. 7117, Bolt No.  7124, Locking Cam No. 5923, Firing Pin No. 9589,  Extractor No. 4189,  Magazine No. A1981, Disposition Date 2/3/1942, Transferred to J.A. Inc - Chile

Also, if you look at the bottom of the post, there are 3 options listed....Quote, Edit, Options....and under options is "Delete". Give that a try.

ArtR

Thank you for correcting my error. Dyslexia is an everyday thing. Though I'd of just posted the correct firing pin and not the whole thing.

Art, thanks for the revision.  

I took a look at the duplicate post, and it just shows quote and edit. Maybe the options is only visible for admins.  

18 minutes ago, camstuff said:

Art, thanks for the revision.  

I took a look at the duplicate post, and it just shows quote and edit. Maybe the options is only visible for admins.  

I've never seen that option, even looking for it numerous times.

And I just looked again. I can edit, insert media, or "cancel." There is no delete in my eyes.

36 minutes ago, camstuff said:

Maybe the options is only visible for admins.  

Torrey, I had not thought of that. You may be correct that it is an 'admin' only privilege. I have just seen it so often, and it seemed just so logical. Oh, well.....

ArtR

42 minutes ago, eb in oregon said:

Though I'd of just posted the correct firing pin ...

Possibly, but many members will cut and paste or otherwise save this reply as provenance for future reference with their rifle, so having it in one short complete message just makes sense.