Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rarecat

LMG Receiver Question

8 posts in this topic

I've searched diagrams, books and internet and have not found a description for this (circled in image).   My curiosity is killing me, can someone fill me in?

Reciever Q.jpg

For some reason that receiver doesn't look like a JLMG receiver to me. It looks like a modified JSAR receiver. The top of the JLMG receiver has added material that doesn't appear to be on that receiver. What that gizmo is baffles me also as I went through "the book" and saw nothing similar.

A different model of latch to lock the feed tray in? Or missing a piece?  I don't know, I've never even seen a JLMG.

Im not sure either, here’s a photo.

76C3DD35-EC7C-4C55-BC55-2B8183A6C621.jpeg

Hey Guys: Eb i believe you are correct about the LMG rec. being a bit thicker. The piece in question is an anti bolt bounce device that works with full auto.

There is a plunger and a heavy spring inside that rides against the bolt to ensure lock up before detonation of the cartridge, it was to stop out of battery detonation.

The same type of set up was used on a number of light machineguns, such as the DROR and the MG-42. This piece was probably added to a JLMG look alike for originality look purposes.

The plunger and spring are probably removed as are not needed in semi only rifle. no need to drill out material and weaken the rec. if not needed.

I was thinking of doing the same when i built both my DROR and JLMG look alike. My DROR pat. 2 was used in Ian's video and if you look closely you will see it is not there .

I was with a buddy when his 42 blew up due to lack of this device. That is how i learned about them.

So Rarecat you are also on the right track as it being a regulator because it kinda is. :)

Ryche