camstuff

Is the market somewhat flooded w/JSARS?

7 posts in this topic

FYI:  JSARS Currently for sale. Using different search criteria to find them.  Probably did miss a few here or there. Sorry, no links, posting multiple links is challenging for me. 

Gunbroker has 7 currently for sale, also had some sell in the last few days to about 2 months ago. 

Currently For Sale:                  $ Sold $
B7365-$7000                     6532-$6625

4138-$7500                       5955-$6935

B7633-$6900                    6574-$6576           

xxxx-$3500                       A5380-$8524

3779-$10,000                   0550-$7075

A9533-$3500                   A7392-$7525

6099-$13,000                   4582-$10,000, no bids.

Gun Auction:

B8273-$4999, auction ends shortly.

B2182-$8990

Guns America didn’t have any that I could find. 

Guns international:

B6051-$10,500

4174-$8895

Proxy Bid: 0067 & B1483 (Chilean) which Art has mentioned these two recently. 

Wow. High prices bringing them out of the wood work and gun safes!

What would be interesting is if many of these are ones that the members of this forum, who have been watching these for years, are seeing new ones that have been hidden for long years and reveal some unusual features, rare JSARs or just ones that haven't been circulated in generations. It sure is interesting to read of your analysis of many of these ones coming available as well as the ever-increasing prices.

I was going to list a nice sporter this last weekend, and decided to take a hard look at the market when I found all this competition out there. I think I’ll wait now and let it thin out a bit. 

IMHO: There are many collectors out there who are beginning to 'mature' and they realize that it may be time to start pruning the tree, so to speak. While there are some items out there that will steadily plod along, there are others that may have some peaks and troughs. When the time is right, while rising, near, or at a peak, it may be time to get rid of some chosen few. Hopefully some of these new closet queens are going to some younger collectors, who just may appreciate and hold them for their value, both historically and financially.

Unfortunately, everyone selling now thinks that their item is a museum piece, or at least that value.

On 3/29/2022 at 11:10 AM, Orlando said:

For the prices they are bringing, I wouldnt call if flooded

I watch the websites regularly, and have seen long periods of time where there would only be just a couple listed on Gun broker and usually they were listed for several months because the product didn’t match the price.   I have noticed seasonal rises in listings, especially during the Christmas holidays.   Maybe there is a summer season for listing.  There is an unusual high number of current listings from my experience since I’ve become obsessed with the JSAR’s.   

I always seem to see a lot of collectable rifles up for sale during tax season, people have extra cash when they get that refund check.