ArtR

JSAR Schematic

5 posts in this topic

Old and new members alike may be interested. Yesterday I was browsing some files/folders on my computer (JSAR Related) and noticed that I had the included file.

I do not remember the exact source, but it may have been one from data Ed Johnson shared with me  or I may have found it elsewhere. It appears to a good quality digital image  of an original poster, with some slight age stains and fold marks. (The reverse side appears to be a faint similar Garand schematic).

Anyway, I think it would be a good share on the forum. Appears to be similar to one used to make posters and coffee cups.
Enjoy.
ArtR

P.S. This morning I was browsing more, and found a document, in the files that Ed Johnson shared with me, that gives some 'clarity' to the JSAR schematic that we often see.  I include that schematic and the document that I found.
ArtR

ExplodedDiagramJSAR.jpg

ActualJSARpartNos.jpg

IMG_3429A.JPG

I found the tri folded one (on the top) in Melvin Johnson's book "Automatic Arms".  The book has fold out appendix diagrams and you can see in the image the Garand which was on the opposite side of the sheet.  The book also has the same one for the LMG.  These two appendix images were the ones I used for the mugs and the one "Combo" poster.  I obviously had them scanned, scaled and cleaned....

Combo.JPG

Yes, that makes sense to me.  ej

camstuff

PM sent

ArtR