Rarecat

LMG Press Photo

6 posts in this topic

Nice photo, haven’t seen that one.

I had not see this photo before. Obviously looks like Dad in the background. If he is holding a '41 JLMG, it looks a bit off. Fore-grip and front sight is rifle. Rear pistol grip is like a semi-auto pistol, not so much the JLMG style The rifle in the middle has a shorter barrel and I'm wondering if the rifle is a vertical mag type.  Puzzling.  ej

1 hour ago, Ed Johnson said:

I had not see this photo before. Obviously looks like Dad in the background. If he is holding a '41 JLMG, it looks a bit off. Fore-grip and front sight is rifle. Rear pistol grip is like a semi-auto pistol, not so much the JLMG style The rifle in the middle has a shorter barrel and I'm wondering if the rifle is a vertical mag type.  Puzzling.  ej

I wonder if it could be an early prototype. No bayonet lug, so what barrel would it be? It has the same similar wood forearm as what is pictured on pages 106 through 109. 

20 hours ago, camstuff said:

I wonder if it could be an early prototype. No bayonet lug, so what barrel would it be? It has the same similar wood forearm as what is pictured on pages 106 through 109. 

It might be a prototype of the Johnson Auto Carbine, except for the barrel length and front sight. ej

The rifle in middle also has a different bayonet mount, maybe Taft Pierce?  I would guess the date of the photo to be 6/29/40 based on the numbers on the bottom of the description