cozmo

Paramarine tribute

5 posts in this topic

cozmo:

Nice collection! Thanks for sharing!

Nice collection. These forums are the best places to share our passion for collecting military firearms and ephemera. They don't do much good in the closet and safe. Since I have no first hand military experience, I'm glad to learn from what so many others have to share!

As a child of the baby boomer era, the kids in my neighborhood had what seemed to be a never ending supply of used WWII items. Helmets, complete gas masks with bags, fatigue shirts (with names, ranks,etc), belts, canteens/cups, covered ration pans, C-rations (complete with cigarettes) and the list went on and on. My next door neighbor's father was an NCO in the quartermaster corps, so that might have explained some of our supplies. We used to run around the neighborhood playing 'war', until our parents said enough was enough, and most of that stuff all disappeared (probably trashed). Sad to think about today. Had we known then what we all know now!

Art: I remember those days as well, my father was in the supply chain for a while and would bring home all the stuff being disposed of at the end of every year.

Wish i still had most of that stuff.

I do have, if any collectors are interested: 2 50 cal. receiver covers

one has some wear but is marked: Fungus proofed mark1, and Schmacht & Kale 1945.

The other is mint aside from a small stain and is stamped the same but still has the orig paper tag with all the info still stapled to it.

If any interest contact me and we can talk.

Ryche