ArtR

Recent sightings

16 posts in this topic

SN 8847 on GunBroker, sporter with cracked, repaired stock, Williams rear sight. A project gun???? Or just a fun shooter!

This Scoped Sporter showed up....only one photo, no SN data.

That is what worries me. The one photo they included looks decent and I could probably live with the scope, but I am just hesitant to gamble that kind of money w/o more info.

Has anyone gotten burned on GunBroker? I know their buyer protection plan only covers $400, but will a visa reverse the charge if the seller is bogus?

I sent a question to the seller asking that he post more higher resolution and detailed photos

For sale, see picture.  Comes with stock, action, and rest of barrel, bid accordingly!!!    

I just had to do this!! 

D1DA9941-E02E-4E1F-8F4F-44AC169DB2F5.jpeg

On 11/24/2022 at 4:31 PM, ArtR said:

Ha ha! Love it!

Torrey....I have to wonder if even Gun Broker would consider that a bit of a stretch or not.

I’ve seen auctions without pictures in the past.  And when I contacted the seller, they responded with “did not have a working camera” 

The seller responded to my query about more photos. Here is his response, "I apologize for slow replies I have family over for the holidays. I added more pictures to the listing."

Indeed, there are now 7 photos, but none show the SN, and most are still of the left side.

NR feedback rating for seller.  Which could make this auction a risky buy.  Use caution if buying.  Seller does have a “make offer” option. 

Have to wonder if his adding photos helped to sell it???? While not wonderful, as a scoped sporter, maybe not a bad deal. It would really have been nice to see some better photos of all angles & sides of the piece.