camstuff

Off topic: Info on Western master skeet thrower

7 posts in this topic

Off topic, looking for info on my vintage Western Master Skeet thrower.  I’ve searched the internet and have not found my exact model yet.  This was given to me about 15 years ago, I had to add a plywood base and make shift cocking handle and foot release and it works great.  Smooth action and throws them pretty far.   It looks to have been mounted on a stand which allowed it to pivot left and right, this also has adjustment for level and up and down. This thing must weigh 80 to 100lbs, that’s why I have lifting ropes attached.  I’ve seen other types with electric and different type of cocking handle but non are exactly like my model. 

This is where you members might be able to help.  The story behind this is, it use to be mounted on a navy ship, and only the officers had access to use it.  Could this be true?  A older good friend gave it to me, so I do believe the story.    It also came with an electric actuator which I don’t know how it mounted.   I was able to upload a couple of pictures, the rest of them had errors loading 

008A752A-07E7-4B21-B48B-5AE1714521F4.jpeg

7F70E809-8FA6-4583-BFF8-6967498AEF6A.jpeg

I took a look at their forum web pages, and the forums most recent posts were over 6-7 years ago. It does not seem to be active. The other parts  link does not seem to refer to Western parts at all, unless they were manufactured by another entity.

Thank you Art and Whig!  I’ll check those links.  

Thanks for the link, and yes, I did come across this video already, thanks for posting.  
I do a little research every night, but unfortunately not enough  information available for these old trap and skeet machines.  I did find a interesting avenue to look into though, and that apparently western advertised In the older Shooters Bibles, and I happen to have some I need to open up and start looking. 

I am also into the odd and unusual antiques and amazed as to how things were made before the precision machinery came around.