Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
64caddy

Searching For a Few Semi-LMG Conversion Parts

1 post in this topic

Hi (Updated),

I am searching for the 'bolt carrier' (the 'rear half of the bolt assembly) for a semi-Johnson LMG build.

I want to thank all of the members who have been providing leads and ideas for the search!

Also seeking an LMG forend.

Thanks!

Larry

Hi,

I am trying to acquire all of the necessary parts to create a semi-LMG and am close to having the required parts.

I have the mostly complete (99%) lower, an excellent stripped upper, an excellent JSAC Barrel, front and rear sites, and am purchasing the feed tray for the magazine. I have a gunsmith who has done these before and will work on this conversion.

I have a 'donor' JSAC for common parts (semi bolt, op handle, etc), but I believe I need the 'rear half' (locking cam and roller assembly, trip plunger, spring and retainer) and some other LMG parts.

Can the complete semi bolt assembly from a donor JSAR replace the complete bolt assembly of the LMG?

Does anyone have the rear half - the rocker cam and locking assembly - of an LMG bolt? AND would you be willing to sell it?

I do not have a forend or bipod, but will proceed without those for the time being.

Appreciate any leads, ideas, feedback or deals!

Best regards,

Larry

Edited by 64caddy
Updated information