JSDKMS

Trouble extracting fired rounds

7 posts in this topic

HI - I wanted to ask the experts here for advice on an issue I am having. The rifle will not extract a fired round or even a chambered round using Lake City M2 Ball ammo but seems to work ok with S&B M1 ammo BUT it is still leaving mark on the brass where the case necks down? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I had an extraction issue I cured by using a flex-hone to polish the chamber. Making a chamber casting might also be something to consider. Can you post a picture of the marking on the brass you mention?

Yeah, it sure sounds like either crud build up or a major issue with the chamber. Research any and all methods  to clean/polish the chamber

The brass may need to be sized better for your chamber. If you reload these shot cases, neck resize only and see if the fire formed brass extracts better. Check case length also. May need some trimming. Don't forget to use military CCI #34 primers to prevent slam fires. It does happen with the softer regular large rifle primers most people use. Good luck.

20 hours ago, WHIG said:

The brass may need to be sized better for your chamber. If you reload these shot cases, neck resize only and see if the fire formed brass extracts better. Check case length also. May need some trimming. Don't forget to use military CCI #34 primers to prevent slam fires. It does happen with the softer regular large rifle primers most people use. Good luck.

I am using factory ammo in the gun and not reloads Sir. Thanks for your input.

Update - It will not extract either of the brands now. Thinking it may be the chamber?

3 hours ago, Orlando said:

Yes sounds like chamber. If leaving a mark on brass you need to inspect chamber or take to a gunsmith who can

I agree - Sent it out yesterday